Getting Back to Scrapping

I took an unintentional scrapbooking hiatus. And I hated it. I hated not getting my hands in things, paint, glue, touching photos, remembering stories. Life was trying hard to kill me and even with new time I'm still having a hard time, finding that groove. I did have a good day (with a poor choice in materials) and managed to get a few pages done. Hopefully with a kit I like more, I can get more done another day.

fun looks good

(the lighting is a touch odd. Sorry. Tried to use sunlight and ended up with the lines of the blinds coming through.)

fun looks good [detail]
all of these emblishments had something about 'fall' and 'thanksgiving' on them. I managed to cover it all up since it didn't really fit with pictures from a trip to St. Thomas.

Sisters
Not so pleased with the visible adhesive, but I was at a loss for how to make it stick otherwise (That's a young me on the right though. And no, not my real sister, just a sorority sister.)

Sisters [detail]

Bid Day '03
bid day '03 [detail]
Love this paper with these photos. We did pink and white as a theme for shirts that year (still not sure why) and while you can't really see them? They just fit.

Sisterhood Retreat
Sisterhood Retreat [detail]
Love the hat pin with the felt, gave it a fall feel without going too overboard.

Thanksgiving Gathering
Sometimes the photos just aren't great. I refused to let that be a reason not to scrapbook them. So what if in some of them no one is smiling, or eyes are closed or in one it seems like the lens had something on it? Use 'um anyway. This was a good moment to remember, and there's no use ignoring it if the photos are professional quality. So don't hold back!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment